...bailey's story...


Our story is a story about a MIRACLE. It is not the kind of miracle that is so often shared in Christian circles. We have heard stories about untreatable cancer that disappeared and of a child that was never supposed to walk or talk and is now a healthy adult. These are often the kinds of stories people share with you when you are experiencing difficult circumstances. Stories about the TRAGEDY that was avoided or the near miss that is now in the rear view mirror of life. We value these types of stories and we CELEBRATE them!

Ours was not that kind of story. Our daughter Bailey Hope was born on February 20, 2009. She died on August 13, 2010. The eighteen months in between were horrible and heart wrenching as we experienced our worst fears coming true. We were not rescued FROM heartache and tragedy.

Our miracle was that we were joined IN this journey by friends and family that gave of themselves and by our GOD who held us in unexplainable ways. This is our story. We do not share it to garner pity. There are others who have similar stories. There are so many others who have more tragic stories.

We share our story because it is impossible to talk about our beautiful daughter, without talking about our beautiful God. We must talk about our daughter. We must talk about our God. It is the MIRACLE behind the MIRACLE.





Thursday 29 July 2010

We contiue to wait

Bailey stopped eating 10 days ago and her lungs are again filling with fluid.  The hospice nurses who visit daily feel that it is only a matter of days. She is comfortable most of the time with the help of several medications each hour.  As McKenzie sobbed last night she said, "Daddy my heart hurts."  This succinctly expresses how Heather and I feel.   Although we are worn out with waiting and do not understand why Bailey continues to be in this place we trust in the ONE who does know why.  We depend on him daily. Hourly. Each moment.  Please continue to pray for Bailey's comfort in the waiting, pray for our strength and for our children to have a supernatural sense of understanding and peace.

16 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you all during this difficult time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you personally but I know someone who has been touched by your prescence and I know that you are loved by so many people and will continue to be :) Praying for you baby girl<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our hearts ache for you and our tears flow with yours...you are never out of our thoughts and prayers. we love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it feel like you are in a time warp? Time is completely different during these stages. People drive by going about their daily tasks, oblivious to the wrinkle in time that is occuring in your house - like a heat mirrage with the wavy light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our hearts hurt for you all. Praying for comfort and peace that surpasses all understanding. So sorry you are in this place...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear family - I pray for peace for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying for you both and your children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Romans 8:25-27
    But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

    I cry, I pray, I smile. I sing ... as from your hearts:

    "Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves - the Bible tells me so."

    You are all always on my mind and my heart.
    Blessings, Patti Sheltrown (Isaiah's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our hearts ache daily for you and we pray to our Father to wrap his loving hands around Bailey and carry her into Heaven. We also pray for peace and rest for your family. With Love, the Gortmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for your family. May God give you the strength to face each day, each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have words... except that I grieve with you. I love you guys... thinking of you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you a hug... praying for you in this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are part of my morning ritual.
    Eat gluten, drink coffee, count my blessings and pray for Bailey.

    Never figured that you'd be so much a part of my life. But you are. Every day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're in my thoughts constantly and my prayers are with you. My heart breaks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing. There are no words.

    ReplyDelete