...bailey's story...


Our story is a story about a MIRACLE. It is not the kind of miracle that is so often shared in Christian circles. We have heard stories about untreatable cancer that disappeared and of a child that was never supposed to walk or talk and is now a healthy adult. These are often the kinds of stories people share with you when you are experiencing difficult circumstances. Stories about the TRAGEDY that was avoided or the near miss that is now in the rear view mirror of life. We value these types of stories and we CELEBRATE them!

Ours was not that kind of story. Our daughter Bailey Hope was born on February 20, 2009. She died on August 13, 2010. The eighteen months in between were horrible and heart wrenching as we experienced our worst fears coming true. We were not rescued FROM heartache and tragedy.

Our miracle was that we were joined IN this journey by friends and family that gave of themselves and by our GOD who held us in unexplainable ways. This is our story. We do not share it to garner pity. There are others who have similar stories. There are so many others who have more tragic stories.

We share our story because it is impossible to talk about our beautiful daughter, without talking about our beautiful God. We must talk about our daughter. We must talk about our God. It is the MIRACLE behind the MIRACLE.





Wednesday 22 September 2010

Bailey's Journey

Sharing some of our most precious moments with our daughter...
oh, how we miss her so.  We cling only to the hope of heaven,
that we will one day hold our sweet Bailey again.


A few technical notes...

before you watch it,
go to the bottom of our blog
and 'pause' the playlist. 

if you watch it full screen,
it will be very pixelated because
we had to downsize it to fit the blog size.

13 comments:

  1. B is for

    Beautiful
    Blessed
    Boundless
    Beginnings

    B is for
    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing... this is such a beautiful tribute to Bailey's life and the love in your family. She sure had a special purpose on earth, that is for sure. Every time I watch this, my breath is just taken away. I wish you could hold her again right now. Sending you love and prayers and thinking of you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched this at work, and we don't have sound on our computers, and it still made me cry. I noticed 2 things that i hadn't noticed before. 1. You could see it in some of the videos that Bailey had this peace in her face, like she was okay to let go. and 2. In a lot of pictures of both girls, you can see Alexis with her hand over Bailey like she is protecting her too. We talked so much about McKenzie and Carter doing this, but Alexis did too. It's so interesting to see that and think that she must have known what was happening as well, even at such a young age. It makes me cry, but in a happy way; to see her and know that she is no longer in pain, no longer sick, no longer trapped in her body. I miss her daily, but it's such a comfort to know where she is and more importantly who she is with. I'm sure she's having all kinds of fun with Jack (and as Olivia said with my dog Simba), dancing with Jesus, playing on playgrounds, and eating tons of blueberries and chocolate cake.
    Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i watched this tonight and tried to hold it together...i'm not sure why, but i tried to stay distant from the real feelings it was stirring up in me. but when mckenzie started dancing so care free and graceful, i lost it. i wept freely and remember...that loss and ache. my heart hurts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still come back to this site to see Bailey. I never met her. I was so afraid... to say hello and goodbye in the same breath...

    Someday I'll meet her. And just say hello. With a great big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyday. You are in my heart.

    In my mind I can't get away from you - the ghost in my periphery.

    And then you were there! Right there in front of me!

    Oh... to hug you was to hug sorrow and joy in the same embrace.

    Love you.
    Always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came to Bailey's blog tonight....because I was finding myself missing checking in on Bailey and her precious family. I'm so thrilled for her freedom in heaven, but the reality of her not being here creates this huge ache in my heart.....for her parents that miss her touch, her sounds, her smell, her sweet spirit....for her siblings that miss their sister that taught them how to love more than most kids will in a lifetime....for her family and friends that kept her in their constant thoughts and prayers, for a miracle that would give her the chance to live here with us. But our prayers were answered differently than we thought they should be, and her perfect healing was in heaven with her Creator. Knowing she's there with so many others we love makes me long for heaven all the more. I can't wait to see you again sweet Bailey girl...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So here I am - at the blog again.

    Keeping in touch with you. Letting you know you've touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather and Matt,
    I remember you from Campus Life and found your blog through Ashley (Ritter) Hansen's blog. My heart is just absolutely breaking for you as you have suffered such a tremendous loss. I sobbed during your slide show of Bailey and your family. Bailey was such a beautiful girl and she is definitely dancing with God in heaven! My heart aches for you and your family but your amazing love for God is inspiring. I wish I could do something for you but I know there is not much a stranger can do except for keep you in my prayers.
    Katie (Bair) Gulliver

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been thinking of Bailey and you a lot lately... Love you guys and holding you close always...

    ReplyDelete
  11. A entire season of firsts. I'm thinking of you as you face these season of firsts....

    There will be a day that you don't cry. It will come. And that will be another first.

    Not that you wont miss her - that will be there every day. Just that some day, one day, you can smile and remember without tears.

    One day.

    We are all thinking of you and praying.


    Love - Always, Always, Always,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missing you, sweet girl. You're celebrating 4 months in heaven and it feels like way too long since we've held you here. I hope you're celebrating Curtis' 30th birthday with him today...eating all the cake you possibly can! Another blessing of your freedom in heaven.
    Matt, Heather, McKenzie, Carter & Lexi....we love you, we love you. Keep holding to the hope that we'll all be there together someday.
    love you much, mandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you today. There is so much to say - yet when I try, Ugh. I can't imagine what this last year has been for you and your family. And what this next year will hold. We love you and think of you often. Continuing to pray for you - continuing to cry with you.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete