...bailey's story...


Our story is a story about a MIRACLE. It is not the kind of miracle that is so often shared in Christian circles. We have heard stories about untreatable cancer that disappeared and of a child that was never supposed to walk or talk and is now a healthy adult. These are often the kinds of stories people share with you when you are experiencing difficult circumstances. Stories about the TRAGEDY that was avoided or the near miss that is now in the rear view mirror of life. We value these types of stories and we CELEBRATE them!

Ours was not that kind of story. Our daughter Bailey Hope was born on February 20, 2009. She died on August 13, 2010. The eighteen months in between were horrible and heart wrenching as we experienced our worst fears coming true. We were not rescued FROM heartache and tragedy.

Our miracle was that we were joined IN this journey by friends and family that gave of themselves and by our GOD who held us in unexplainable ways. This is our story. We do not share it to garner pity. There are others who have similar stories. There are so many others who have more tragic stories.

We share our story because it is impossible to talk about our beautiful daughter, without talking about our beautiful God. We must talk about our daughter. We must talk about our God. It is the MIRACLE behind the MIRACLE.





Tuesday 2 March 2010

bailey






it is with an extremely heavy and broken heart
that i begin this entry...

sunday morning, matt and heather took bailey in to the hospital.
she had a lot of congestion and was having
a difficult time breathing.

the doctors diagnosed her with pneumonia.
they kept her overnight and started her on oxygen
and breathing treatments.
she was able to go home monday afternoon.

bailey's sweet little body has not been able
to rally through this one.

the doctors have told matt and heather
that she has days, not weeks left to be with them.

they have called hospice in to help with bailey's medications.
she is still on oxygen at home.
matt and heather are asking that we pray for bailey
to remain comfortable and pain free in these last days.
also, please keep their other children in your prayers
as they struggle to understand.
matt and heather,
we are broken for you.
we love you
and are sitting shiva with you.




























26 comments:

  1. Heather and Matt...we are praying for you and your family. We love the new pics of you and Bailey. Heather, it was so good to see you at Christmas. Sending big heart hugs across the ocean---

    Rachel Sawatzky

    ReplyDelete
  2. We pray for you. We love you. We pray for Matt's parents to be home, for you to find comfort and peace while holding Bailey, and for Bailey to be whole in Jesus's loving arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying the Lord give you extra grace to walk through these next several days and weeks. God has been so good to walk with you this past year with Bailey. May you find comfort in knowing that God is holding Bailey in His arms too. Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing their pain, Jesus cried with them.

    As we all are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you guys. Such sweet pictures of your family. I can already see Bailey with a BIG deliberate smile on her face when she sees Jesus face to face. May the peace of God which transcends all understanding guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi you do not know me - but I am related to friends of yours. Will be praying for you and your family. God cares.

    Stop by my blog sometime and say hi!


    (choicesrmine.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still with you, moment by moment - praying and loving you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. prayers, prayers, prayers....for all that you need, I know God knows!

    heard this the other day, comforting and good to hear even though we know its true:

    song lyrics from temporary home by carrie underwood:

    "This is my temporary Home
    It's not where I belong
    Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
    This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going
    I'm not afraid because I know this was
    My temporary home."

    love, hugs, and blessings,

    ash

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard that song the other day too, and it was immediately in my head that i needed to hear that and understand what it was saying. I don't think that brokenhearted begins to describe what I'm feeling and what most of us are feeling, but it's a start.
    Love you and thinking of you. Bailey, you were such a fighter and your strength inspires us all. Matt and Heather, that goes double for you. If I could have a fraction of your strength, I'd be able to conquer almost anything. Hoping and praying for quite moments together, peace, comfort, and no pain for Bailey. She is an angel, and will have the wings to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you sweet Bailey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our prayers are with you. May God comfort you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am praying for you during this difficult time. May the time as a family be special this week.
    Stacy (Brood) Grey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying hard for all of you. I don't know if you remember me from Youth for Christ but I have kept you all in my thoughts and prayers often. What a tough time this is for you all and this is something that no one should ever have to go through. I am praying that God continues to be with your family in this time.

    Katie (Bair) Gulliver

    ReplyDelete
  14. My prayers are with you all. May God's grace and peace surround you.

    Diane Klein

    ReplyDelete
  15. my heart breaks for you...certainly keeping you in my prayers.

    kathy vander werf

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just got the web address to your page today from my sister. Me and my entire family are praying for your family. I pray you may feel God's presence and peace at this time. My heart is breaking for you all. I am so sorry!
    In Christ,
    Cathy Wiltheiss

    ReplyDelete
  17. Matt and family,

    May the Lord grant you peace during this time. My heart goes out to you as well as my prayers.

    Leslie Horaney

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heather and Matt--This is Sarah (Frost) Wood. Heather, I used to work with you in the library at Cornerstone. You always knew how to brighten everyone's day, with your warm smile, sense of humor, and words of encouragement. Now I pray that your friends will be able to give you strength and encouragement. I am so sorry to hear what you guys are going through. Ryan and I lost a child due to a birth defect a few years ago, but I would not presume to say "I know how you feel." One thing we learned during that time is that people often say things to try to make you feel better, but often make you feel worse. So let me just say this--You are all in our thoughts and prayers and I'm asking everyone else I know to join in praying too.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are praying for you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a joy and honor it is to know you. Seriously. Your strength and honesty is just cool. And your compassion for those of us who are praying for you - you hurt for us as much as we hurt for you. Thank you for letting us cry for you today. We will carry your tears and pain in those moments when you can’t – and it’s a blessing that you share that burden with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heather,

    It was great to hear your voice yesterday. I'm always amazed at your strength, kindness, and compassion. Even though you're the one so deeply hurting, you continue to show others such incredible and selfless love and compassion. Thank you!

    Luke and I are continuing to pray for little Bailey and your entire family. We love you guys and grieve with you.

    Much love,
    Sarah and Luke

    ReplyDelete
  22. Matt and Heather -

    You don't know me, but my sister-in-law (Patti Sheltrown) told me your story. I don't know your pain, and I won't pretend I can even imagine it. Just know that I am praying for you and for Bailey from a thousand miles away...

    -Alison Sheltrown

    ReplyDelete
  23. We love you all and are praying, continually. I just wanted you to know that when mom was there she said your home was a joy to be in and that you could feel the peace and presence of God. All I have to say is wow to that... Let us know if we can do anything.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  24. We will be praying for you and your whole family. We will pray for peace and strength and understanding, which may not all come at once, but someday will.
    God bless,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  25. My thoughts and prayers have been with you over the past year and even more so now. Our hearts break for and with you all. I send you all my love and have a hug in holding until I have the chance to see you in person!!
    All my Love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  26. Matt & Heather,
    We are thinking of you and praying for you.
    Love,
    Matt & Amy Deeren

    ReplyDelete